Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson: Protectors of the World, or at least the NFL

The Rev. Al Sharpton, convicted liar and inciter to riot, and the Rev. Jesse Jackson have weighed in on a story about Russ Limbaugh being part of a group willing to purchase the St. Louis Rams according to this AP report.

The Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson attacked the bid by Rush Limbaugh to buy the St. Louis Rams on Monday, saying the conservative radio host's track record on race should exclude him from owning an NFL team. Sharpton sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, arguing that Limbaugh has been divisive and "anti-NFL" in some of his comments.

Jackson said in a telephone interview that Limbaugh had made his wealth "appealing to the fears of whites" with an unending line of insults against blacks and other minorities.


Ay, ay, ay. Poor Rush. Well, not so poor that he doesn't have the money to buy an interest in the team. Limbaugh says,
"Now, this saddens me as well this disappoints me," he said. "I know Rev. Sharpton. Sharpton is better than this. He knows better than this. You know, I didn't judge Al Sharpton's fitness to be in radio when he wanted to earn an honest living for once, given his well-documented past as the author of the Tawana Brawley hoax. I believe in freedom and I also don't discriminate."

Go for it Rush, take 'em on. What have you got to lose? They don't listen to your broadcasts anyway. And as for the reverends, find something else to talk about.

The story from 1010 WINS is here.

Well, that's what I have to say.
Stephen M. Flatow

2 comments:

  1. Ya know a while back someone asked me once if there was anyone special in the headline news that I would like to have lunch with and my answer was "The Rev. Al Sharpton". They asked..."why is that?" I said "this man seems to be able to move heaven and earth and has never worked an honest day in his life". Now that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool, and speaking of never holding down a job, what about Rev. Jesse Jackson?

    ReplyDelete