Sunday, January 3, 2021

When you can't say something nice, sometimes you still have to say it

When you can't say something nice, sometimes you still have to say it. Case in point - newspaper delivery by PCF Corp.  It's a nightmare!

I live in an apartment building down the Jersey Shore.  As a result, we depend on our newspaper subscriptions being timely delivered to our apartment building.  This cannot be done by a kid on a bike, so our newspapers have given PCF Corp. the contract to make those deliveries.


Unfortunately, PCF does not live up to its claim that "we’ve built a reputation for getting it right or making it right every day – accurately, safely and on time."  Now, if that was true, I would have received delivery of my newspapers on Thursday and Saturday this week.

Like businesses everywhere, PCF has a contact page.  Here's what I said today:

I live in Monmouth County, NJ; XXXX to be precise.  Your company is the delivery service for our subscriptions to the Asbury Park Press, Star-Ledger, Wall Street Journal and Jewish Press.

I wish I could say something nice about your services, but I cannot.

This week alone, we missed delivery of one paper on Thursday, and nothing was delivered yesterday.

Please don't tell me about staffing problems; if your route drivers don't show up, then your management people should be on the road making their deliveries.

I am in a service business, and if I treated my customers the way you treat your customer's customers, I'd be out of business.

Shame on you.

Stephen M. Flatow

OK, I feel better now.

Happy new year!

Well, that's what I have to say. 

Stephen M. Flatow

No comments:

Post a Comment